Carlisle , PA
|Experience Type:||Internships, On-campus Jobs|
|Position Available:||Winter Term|
|Hourly Rate or Pay Range:||$8.05/hr|
|Application Deadline:||February 19, 2018|
The EcoLeague is seeking a responsible, self-motivated Dickinson student to fill a paid position this spring as the EcoLeague Digital Media and Communications Assistant. The assistant will support communication about student exchange opportunities and other activities of the EcoLeague consortium of six liberal arts colleges dedicated to ecologically focused education and sustainability.
Number of positions available: 1
Paid Hours: Average of 5 hrs/wk; $8.05/hr pay rate
Location: Center for Sustainability Education, Dickinson College
Deadline: Open until filled. First consideration will be given to those who apply by February 19, 2018.
Primary work duties include, but are not limited to:
- Identify and interview (via Skype or similar) former participants in the EcoLeague Student Exchange Program from the 6 different member colleges. Write up short articles to post on the website and potentially use in a biannual e-Newsletter. The EcoLeague Coordinator will help edit drafts and provide mentorship regarding set up and conducting of interviews, etc.
- Research shared aspects of the EcoLeague schools (such as their sustainability programs) and write up articles and fact sheets that could be put on the website and distributed to the different schools to make the program more visible.
Social Media Platform Building
- Research updates from member colleges for material and promote on social media and the EcoLeague website
- Reach out to current EcoLeague Exchange Students and highlight/promote their activities throughout the exchange.
- Coordinate social media campaigns with communications staff at Dickinson College and the other EcoLeague member colleges.
- Generate ideas for creating a network of EcoLeague alumni
Clerical and Administrative Support
- Filing and data entry
- Various office duties
Prioritizes work activities to complete assignments by expected deadlines and makes the most effective use of time available.
Interacts with Dickinson College and EcoLeague schools’ staff and faculty in a positive manner, supportive of the goals of all entities.
Handles sensitive and confidential information in a businesslike manner.
Reports to the EcoLeague Coordinator, Burleigh Hendrickson
Responsibilities and Qualifications
- Exceptional writing and communication skills.
- Must be well organized with the ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Fluency in, and professional use of Social Media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram).
- Familiarity with Excel and WordPress, or willingness to self-train.
- Ability to bring together many separate pieces of information and organize them in a way that’s easy to understand.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must have access to a computer and internet.
- Work study and non-work study accepted.
EcoLeague Dickinson College Carlisle , PA 17013 United States Website
How to Apply
While most of the work for this position can be done remotely from any location, the student employee must be able to attend weekly meetings in person at Dickinson College, and to work during regular business hours. A work space will be available at Dickinson’s Center for Sustainability Education.
Required application materials: Resume with at least two references and cover letter explaining why you feel you’d be a good fit for the position.
For more information about the EcoLeague consortium, visit our website: http://ecoleague.org
Please submit materials via email to: [email protected]
For questions, contact Burleigh Hendrickson, EcoLeague Coordinator at [email protected]
Application Deadline: February 19, 2018
Contact: Burleigh Hendrickson email@example.com