|Experience Type:||New Graduate Opportunities|
|Application Deadline:||March 15, 2020|
Build Resilient Communities and Jumpstart Your Career by Serving with CivicSpark!
Responsibilities and Qualifications
CivicSpark is a Governor’s Initiative AmeriCorps program dedicated to building
capacity for local public agencies to address emerging environmental and social
equity resilience challenges. Fellows spend 11 months serving directly in or with
public agencies to address challenges in the areas of climate, water, affordable
housing, and community mobility.
All projects focus on developing resources through at least one of the following
activities: research, planning, and implementation.
- Fellow contributions to research allow agencies and communities to make clear,
- Fellow assistance in planning projects provides agencies and communities with a roadmap for achieving optimal outcomes in addressing the challenge area(s).
- Fellow support on-the-ground may involve designing, launching and evaluating programs that effectively implement roadmap strategies, helping the community reach milestones in achieving their resilience goals.
CivicSpark offers a unique opportunity for individuals interested in sustainability and helping local communities thrive to build meaningful professional experience through national service. In addition to gaining valuable experience in the sustainability, public, and community-based sectors, Fellows also develop professional, technical, and leadership skills, build a strong statewide network of peers, and leave a lasting impact in local communities.
- $20,000 Living Allowance (before taxes) spread evenly
over 11 months
- $6,195 Segal Education Award upon completion
- Health insurance
- SNAP (Food Stamps) for eligible participants
- Forbearance on existing qualifying student loans and payment of interest accrued during service term
- Childcare assistance for qualifying Fellows, paid to an eligible provider of your choice
- Professional development training
- Network development with regional and statewide contacts in the community resilience industries
- Connection to the network of CivicSpark alum and AmeriCorps alums
- Be a citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident alien of the United States of America
- Ability to pass FBI, CA DOJ, out-of-state (if applicable), and NSOPR background checks prior to service CivicSpark Requirements
- A 4-year degree from an accredited college or university
- Commitment to the full term of service (11 months)
- Ability to work in a professional office setting
- Strong communication (both verbal and written) and teamwork skills
CivicSpark U.S. Bank Plaza, 980 9th St #1700 Sacramento, CA 95814 United States Website
How to Apply
Application Deadline: March 15, 2020 Apply Online