The EcoLeague is currently hiring a new Program Coordinator. The EcoLeague Coordinator position will be based out of the Center for Sustainability Education at Dickinson College in Carlisle, Pennsylvania, although much of the work can be done remotely, and the schedule is flexible. The Coordinator works 25 hours a week, 10 months of each year (she/he/they do not work in July and from Dec 15 – Jan 15). Hourly pay ranges from $16 – 19 per hour based on experience. This is a great job for someone who cares about the environment, environmental education, and has experience with program coordination. Please read the details below for more information about the position and how to apply.
The EcoLeague Coordinator supports the programs and activities of a consortium of six small liberal arts colleges that are committed to bio-regional education for sustainability. Programs and activities supported by the Coordinator include a student exchange program, faculty collaborations for teaching and research, joint efforts of admissions offices to recruit students and sharing ideas, information and practices for the benefit of the consortium members. Performance of these functions requires effective communication and direct interaction with academic deans, senior admissions officers, faculty members, staff and students of the six member colleges. The Coordinator must be able to work with a high degree of independence, set priorities, manage time to perform a variety of tasks, resolve problems with minimal supervision and navigate the different cultures of the member colleges.
Essential Duties Include
- Coordinate the EcoLeague student exchange program. This function includes helping member schools to market and promote student exchanges, establishing protocols in consultation with member schools, communicating information about exchange students with registrars and other relevant staff at the member schools, providing information about the exchange program, assisting participating students and quickly and effectively resolving problems to assure successful operation of the program.
- Support the Chief Academic Officers (CAOs) of EcoLeague member colleges in planning, implementing and monitoring joint programs of the consortium. This function includes convening and supporting monthly teleconferences of the CAOs, organizing an annual retreat, making recommendations to CAOs about new and existing programs, communicating action items to relevant staff at the member colleges, providing support to assist those staff in completing the action items in timely fashion, monitoring progress and communicating progress to the CAOs.
- Support admissions staff of the EcoLeague member colleges in planning and implementing joint efforts that leverage the EcoLeague consortium for recruiting prospective students and marketing the member colleges. This function includes convening and supporting periodic teleconferences of admissions directors, assisting with logistical arrangements for admissions events and helping with creation of materials for events.
- Support EcoLeague faculty representatives in promoting teaching and research collaborations among faculty across the EcoLeague colleges. This function includes convening and supporting periodic teleconferences of the faculty representatives, making recommendations for enhancing collaborations, administering a small grant fund and following through on action items as decided and requested by the faculty representatives.
- Develop and manage communication platforms for sharing information among internal and external EcoLeague audiences. This includes updating and further developing the EcoLeague website, developing and implementing a social media strategy, promoting and monitoring a listserv and developing and implementing mechanisms to make accessible information about curricula, course schedules, faculty research and teaching interests and campus resources of the EcoLeague colleges.
- Maintain financial records for the EcoLeague, monitor expenditures, help prepare financial reports and make recommendations about budget allocations.
1-3 years or related experience required. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Experience working in program coordination position in a university setting.
Interested candidates should apply through the Dickinson College job portal: https://jobs.dickinson.edu/postings/3977. The EcoLeague will begin reviewing applications on July 17th; the position is open until filled. Questions can be directed to the current Coordinator at [email protected]